Friday, December 18, 2009

Crafty Secrets Card


Hi all ~ I cannot believe that next week is Christmas!!! Although it is really cold here and we have had awful weather with the rain constantly coming down for the last two weeks. Now we are in the 30's, which for Bama is cold. I cannot imagine living up north where it is truly cold. My hat's off to those up north.
I believe I have finished with my Christmas shopping. Although I still have to go to the grocery store to get yummers for Christmas day. I will be cooking on the 24th...something that I always have fun doing. I love the holidays! Especially the family part! When we all get together and open presents and sing carols (in odd voices) and then it's time to eat the wonderful dishes we have all contributed to making...yes, everyone this year is doing their part and bringing something yummy to eat. It used to be that my sister and I did all of the cooking...well, we have added some elves...so to speak...our DD's...LOL!

This card is very vintage. One of my favorites. The Santa came from Crafty Secrets Journal that I bought from Sharon at No Time To Stamp. The cardstock is SU's Real Red. I used Flourishes Finishing Touches little slide that looks like a belt buckle...the ribbon also came from Flourishes. I used Glitter Dots too. Not really much to this because the image was easy peasy.

I have another post before Christmas and I hope I can get it in on time. Have a great weekend all!

9 comments:

Elena said...

Velta, your card is GORGEOUS! I love this vintage Santa image! Really like the embellishment for the ribbon too!
It's being so cold here in WI too, about -17C...
Wish you a very happy Holiday season! And Thank you so much for being my Friend! :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I have to agree with Elena, thank you for being my friend. It always brings a smile to my face when I see you have posted on my blog. I love your Santa. And glad you were able to get some elves to help. lol Have a very Merry Chrismtas.

Ila said...

Your card is Beautiful Velta!!..We do celebrate Christmas as well. It's been very busy lately. I love the way you do your Christmas meal!...I am cooking Christmas Eve as well. Thank You so much for the Holiday Wishes!!...Have a Wonderful Christmas!!!..Happy Holidays!!...Hugs, Ila

Cindy Haffner said...

ntage and so so pretty Velta.

Julia Aston said...

Love that Santa, Velta! and what pretty papers on this - such a nice vintage card!

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous vintage Santa card, Velta!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

"Um Buggin" said...

Gorgeous card Velta! Love the vintage image and all your added embys. Your attention to the little added details, makes this card so you my friend. Have a wonderful holiday!

Hugz, xx

~L~

dpkennedy said...

Oh, I love this vintage Santa! Gorgeous card! Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year Velta!

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!