Saturday, December 13, 2008

Flourished Christmas

My favorite Christmas stamp is this from Flourishes
No matter how many times I use this stamp it is always simple and elegant ! I used some sparkly blue cardstock that I've had for a while and then used my Cuttlebug Christmas Ornaments folder on white shimmery paper. Versamark ink and Silver Embossing powder made the tree and a "Dress Me Up" silver dot for the top of the tree. The Silver shiny paper made with the Rectangle Nestabilities came from Michaels. I used Robin's Nest Pebbles in Primary Colors and the sheer blue ribbon also came from Flourishes. A touch of silver thread and this card was ready to go.

So...here is the killer...I have Corel Paint Shop Pro and Corel Media One...Is anyone familiar with these two photo softwares? When I fix the pic with both of these...the card looks just beautiful and like it is in person...but I cannot pull the card up on blogger with these two softwares...Am I making sense? It always makes me pull it up through my Documents and Pictures...which does not give it the statement it deserves...I have saved the pics from Corel Paint Shop Pro and Corel Media One to my Documents/Pictures...but it still does not look as good as it does with these two programs...If any of you knows of a way I can pull my pics up through the software programs...please let me know...I am still (Obviously) in the learning phase...and hopefully I will get better with time (which I have none of ...LOL)

Thanks for the visit...have a great rest of the weekend :)

10 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Velta, Your card is gorgeous. I'm afraid I don't use Corel Paint Shop Pro, but I use Photoshop Elements. When I save a photo I have to "flatten" it to one layer and then save it to a .jpg format. I guess I'm suggesting that you make sure Corel is saving it to a .jpg format.

Cindy Haffner said...

Velta this is gorgeous.

Michelle said...

Oh, Velta, I love this image, too. Isn't it perfect for embossing?? Of course it is! You did it!

Flourishes has the best images. Most of what I own is because of what I see on youg blog!

Anonymous said...

Velta, your card looks beautiful in the photo! I can see the shimmer of the white embossed background, and the silver tree on the darker paper is radiant! I understand your frustration about getting good photos, though I don't know anything about the software you mentioned. It sounds like your photos might be getting reduced when you save them. Fewer pixels will reduce the picture quality. It's something I've fought tooth and nail all along!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS, Velta!! I love that tree image as well!! Your colors, texture, bling...and everything is soooo lovely!!

Ila said...

Your card is Beautiful Velta!! I love the texture and shimmer!!....Hugs, Ila...I'm familiar with PSP...you must save it as a jpg in your documents to upload....You will always lose a little of the clarity when you save as a jpg....2 things you can do...take you photos at a higher resolution(change the settings on your camer) or before you save that photo as a jpg..in PSP...go to Adjust - Brightness/Contrast...try with about a 10 for brightness...and a 5 for contrast....then take a look...you can always undo and change it....but having it a little brighter when you save will maintain some of the lovely look...Hope this helps....Hugs, Ila

Laurie Unger said...

I really like this Velta! I think I "need" to get that embossing folder! I love that stamp too! I was going to suggest that you save your pictures from your photo software into another folder on your computer as a .jpg file. I have one that is labeled "log pictures" - that way I know just where to save them and where to go to upload them. HTH and good luck!

Laurie Unger said...

I meant BLOG pictures not log...lol =)

Stampin' Meg said...

yep- that stamps screams VELTA! SO pretty and dainty.

Artemisa said...

Hello Velta!!

It's a delicate and precious card ... very adapted to Christmas Day :)
Happy Christmas and happy New Year 2009!! I wish you're surround with fondness, peace, happiness and good health!!

Kisses of your always friend,
Eva