Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Sister and My Very Best Friend

Sorry I have not posted in so long...I have been working on a project for Cards 4 Kids...which I hope to post later. This card took me a while...the coloring was kinda tedious, but it was worth it when I saw my sister's reaction to it. Annie is my "rock" and my closest friend. We have been through soooo very much together and yet we still "stick it out with each other" Always, always we are there for each other. Not to get too sappy here, but I am blessed to have Annie in my life !



The card is from Cornish Hens Farms... Here is a close up....




You can find the deets about Cards 4 Kids here:




A few months ago, I helped my bloggin' bud Bela in her quest to create a bright spot in the lives of children in the pediatric unit in her area. I made some cards and notebooks for her next shipment and then, I got to thinking- why couldn't I start a project just like this locally and impact the kids in the greater-Detroit area? So, here I am with Cards 4 Kids! After talking with the administration at Children's Hospital, cards are needed for all ages (up to 20 years old). Cards 4 Kids will try to hit all the major holidays - Christmas, Hannukah, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, etc. We'll also send along Thinking Of You cards and Birthday cards as well. If you are willing and have the time to help out, I know these children who are facing so much at such a young age would appreciate it! I will be sure to take pictures and post every now and then to show the fun things that are headed to Children's Hospital! FYI: Cards should be left blank. These will be used by the caregivers and parents who are staying with their children at the hospital. It's a way we can help these parents lift the spirits of these children. Creations don't have to be a regular card with an envelope but could also be a decked out postcard size as well. I will also be creating altered notebooks so that parents have a purse size or pocket size notebook handy. It's not uncommon to have spur of the moment meetings with their child's doctor. Having a notebook handy is critical so that they have a point of reference for their child's medical care.If you'd like to help put a smile on a sick child's face, simply email me at mrsmiley6@aol.com and I can give you mailing directions!

Thank you all for the comments and thoughts :)






8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So very beautiful.

Ila said...

What a Gorgeous card Velta!..the coloring is lovely and the image and butterfly are Beautiful!!...I can see why your sister was so touched!!...Big Hugs, Ila

Candy said...

Wow it is truly beautiful!!

Rose Ann said...

You've done a wonderful job coloring this, Velta!! It's beautiful!! Happy Birthday to your sister!!

Rosella said...

What a great card for your Sister! It's so good that you have each other! Hugs to you!!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty and sweet, Velta! A true labor of love. My goodness, I just love that butterfly, too! I know your sister will appreciate every minute you put into this card. It turned out fabulous!

Stampin' Meg said...

ohhh such a sweet lil fairy house. Your sister will love this Velta!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is gorgeous! Your coloring is wonderful and totally worth it!