Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Flourishes Siberian Iris

I just love this little card. It was just FUN to make. Of course I am going with my favorite Company - Flourishes. This is a little topiary stamp from the Siberian Iris set. I used SU's Ballet Blue Cardstock and Marker for the sentiment, which also comes with this set of stamps. I colored the topiary with my Copic Glitter Markers. I used Organdy Ribbon, which I heated the end to make it curl (got that idea from Running With Scissors' Leslie) Thanks Leslie!! I used small rhinestones on the topiary and a Swarovski Crystal on the flower.

Mother's Day is around the corner and I have made more cards with this Flourishes Set. I hope to share them all very soon. I wish you all a Very Happy Mother's Day and I guess I will be wishing it again, and again and again. You know...cause I have more cards to share...LOL.

Have a wonderful night!!

9 comments:

Artemisa said...

Hello!!

It's very beautiful!! I like pink colour and the flower... It's precious!

Best wishes!
Your friend ;)

Debbie Y. said...

This card is calming and serene with the topiary of green. I like the curly ribbon.

Ila said...

Beautiful card Velta!! I love how you have the bling on the image....it attracted me right away...and the ribbon and flower are lovely!!

Thank you so much for the Wonderful Birthday Wishes!!

Rose Ann said...

I love that little topiary, and the bling you've added to it!! Very pretty card, Velta!!

Artemisa said...

Hello Velta!!

you have a present in my blog. I wish you like it!!

Your friend,
Eva

Biggan said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! You wonder how I painted the flowers...I spray water on the stamp and then add colors with my colorpencils on the stamp!The background is made with Distress inks!

Have a nice day(Evening)

Biggan

Biggan said...

Oh I forgot to say that your cards are lovely!!

Biggan

Stampin' Meg said...

I love how you "blinged" it up, Velta!

Anonymous said...

I love that bit of curl you added to the pretty blue ribbon, Velta. I'm glad it worked for you. I was a little nervous the first time I did it. It's possible to melt or scorch the ribbon but you get a feel for it in no time at all. This card turned out very nice!