Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pond Friends

Well it's a Saturday and I am not working...Yeah for me! I have a bridal shower to go to and that is my reason for not going into work. It is overtime and I do not really have to go in, but the money is great, so I look at it like it is a blessing, which it really is. I am also going to go to try and stop by my SU demonstrator's scrappin party...plus I get the new goodies that I ordered from her.

I won blog candy from Lynda Benden at Stamp Act. She is such a sweetie...I came home from work the other day and the package was laying at my front door. I was so excited...It is always exciting to get blog candy. Lynda gave me 5 packs of SU Designer Series Paper and the SU stamp French Flair. Now guys, you gotta admit...that is quite a bit of candy. I also received a thank you note from her that is awesome...and I took it to work and showed it off. Such a talent she is!!!


This card did not photo well. However, the stamp is from Artful Inkables and it comes in a set called "Pond Friends." I love this little guy and he reminded me of my good friend Paul, mainly because Paul is constantly climbing the ladder to success. Can you see it, slowly but surely Paul will become an Administrative Law Judge before long. He has worked diligently for this position and it will be well deserved.


I used SU Designer Series paper, Petite Circles Nestabilities, Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol, Crystal Effects to make the water look real (love that stuff), Wild Wasabi Ribbon, and a little crystal butterfly. If you click on the picture you can see the deets.


Have a wonderful weekend all!






9 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Oh how cute! Love how you used the CE on the water! Makes it just pop right out! Have fun at your shower!

Debbie Y. said...

This little guy is so cute. They should make a stamp of him floating on his back.

The attention to detail you used on this card with the Crystal Effects is pleasing to the eye. You also create great effect with the prismacolor pencils with Gamsol. As always your embellishments finish out the card with just the right touch.

I missed you at work today. Hope you had fun at the bridal tea/shower.

Shirley said...

Your cards are always wonderful and this one is no exception. I love the little turtle and the Crystal Effects just really adds to the "pond". That butterfly is the perfect final touch. I also want you to know I am going to change to subscribing by Feed and so when it says I have unsubscribed, I haven't. Weird huh!

Stampin' Meg said...

What a darling turtle. And what an incredible blog candy- wow-I would be doing such a happy dance if I got that. Good for you, Velta!

Marilyn said...

OOH - love how you made the water look real - it is so pretty!! What a wonderful card - hope you had a fabulous time at the shower!!

Rose Ann said...

Congrats on your win!

Your card is so cute, Velta! I love the image and your pretty water!

Ila said...

Love your card Velta....the image is so cute..and I love the way you stamped the flourish in the corner.
Now that blog candy sounds Wonderful! I agree there is nothing like getting goodies in the mail.

JazzyH said...

Congrats and cute turtle.

Kristin said...

Fantastic Card, Velta!! I love your realistic water and the shimmering paper gives it a great look. Cant wait to see more of your work!