Wednesday, December 26, 2007


This is what I gave some of my co-workers for Christmas presents. I made five cards for different occasions and put them with envelopes in a clear box and tied with silver elastic cord. I think it was a hit and they really liked the present. I also put a sentiment in each card so all they would have to do is sign it. This picture is just plain louzy...but I think you get the idea. My Christmas was grand in every way, except that my DD was ill with an upper respiratory infection. She and my wonderful SIL gave me some storage units for my 12 X 12 papers. Can I tell you how excited I was!!! Of course, I need more...LOL...but time will help with that one. I visited with my sister, my niece, her husband and their two lovely children; Tyler who is 5 and Elsa Grace who is 4..no need to tell you how fun that was...just watching them in all of their excitement. I hope that all of you had a Very Merry Christmas and a soon to be Very Happy New Year!!!

12 comments:

Rhonda Kelly said...

Love these! I know they were a big hit with everyone. Beautiful job. Love your work, very nice.
Happy New Year to you!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Velta... THANK YOU SO MUCH for visiting my blog. I truly appreciate your kind words.

Your cards are simply BEAUTIFUL... I will visiting your lovely blog and artwork often..

Happy New Year to you!

warmly,
Tracie

Laurie Unger said...

Velta...nice job on these! You should have had a camera on your co-workers when they opened these. I bet their expressions were priceless! TFS

Lorraine said...

what a very thoughtful and generous gift to give, the cards are just lovely and i'm sure that whomever received them appreciated your generosity. Have a blessed and happy new year!

laos348 said...

What a lovely set of cards to give out. I bet they loved them.

Ida said...

Velta, This is the first time (but not the last) that I've visited your blog. You have some lovely cards on here.
I wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful message you left regarding my dog (Rebel) who went to doggy heaven on 12/23/07. He is surely missed but I know he's no longer suffering and that helps. It was very kind of you to let me know you understand our loss. Ida

Michele Kovack said...

These are gorgeous! You asked me about the Adobe Photoshop. I purchased mine off of E-bay. You have to know your prices, because there are different versions of Adobe. Some can be quite pricey. I know Best Buy has them too! If you want to e-mail me, I can explain further! Thanks for visiting me!

Stampin' Meg said...

Velta those cards are gorgeous- what a lovely gift!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely cards. No doubt your friends and family were thrilled to receive them. Thanks for the wonderful comment on my post. It really made my day! I must agree with you in that it is my favourite post too. I'm getting tired of doing cutsey cards and want to branch out more in vintage (for this week anyways).

Hugs,
Beth

Debbie Y. said...

I happened to be one of the recipients of Velta's wonderful, hand-made Christmas gift. She knows how much I love to receive hand-made items for presents. It takes so much more love and thoughtfulness to make a gift for someone. The time and effort spent hopefully is worth it when you see the joy in the eyes of the person when they realize they have received such a personal expression of love. I know I loved mine. Thank you, Velta, for being such a warm and kind person and also for being a very best friend. The cards were exquisite and I can't wait to use them, so that others can see and share your thoughts of love through me.

UrgentCookie said...

Great Gift! You did a wonderful job on these cards. :0)

Anonymous said...

I think your pictures look great and your cards look even better! Christmas was wonderful and the kids had so much fun with you (as they always do).